10 Secrets To Finding The Right Wedding Dress For Rectangle Body Type
A woman’s body comes in all shapes and sizes. A wedding dress for body type should highlight the unique features on your body that make you, you! Rectangular body types have measurements that are all similar in the shoulders, hips, and waist, so they lack curves. If you are considered a rectangular shape, listen to these 10 secrets to finding wedding dresses for your body type:
1. Empire waist wedding dresses are the ultimate body complementing dresses for rectangular forms. Cinching at the bust and flowing straight down the body, these dresses provide draping and ruching to create curves to break up your unified body form.
2. Trumpet style wedding dresses also creates instant curves on very angular bodies. The playful and flirty skirt hem line near the ankle makes the dress fabulous, and so will your curves that get created from the silhouette of the dress.
3. A wedding dress for body type like rectangular means it has a variety of flattering necklines. Opt for scoop necks and sweetheart necklines that add curves to your upper half.
4. Plus size wedding dresses are available for rectangular body types. When paired with a satin long jacket or fur as a cover up, you can create a long and leaner look.
5. Adding layers to your wedding dress for body type creates a multi-dimensional look. A tiered ruffled dress will do the trick if adding a jacket or shawl won’t work due to a spring or summer wedding’s warm weather.
6. Opt for wedding dresses with a waist band or sash to create body hugging curves. When paired with a flared skirt hemline, you have an instant feminine figure.
7. Low V-neck necklines draw the eye upward and inward, showing off your fit body but making a modest chest and shoulder line seem bigger and wider.
8. Halter style necklines also break up a rectangular body frame. It shows off the shoulders, curves in at the bust, and flares back out at the waist creating an hourglass look.
9. If wearing a strapless style, opt for a padded push up bra to emphasize your chest and lift what you have. Pads can also be sewn into a number of wedding dresses featuring a variety of necklines.
10. Add some texture! A lace bodice paired with a flitted and flared skirt hemline breaks up the solidarity of your body, making it look feminine and graceful.
When choosing a wedding dress for body type like rectangular, follow these 10 guidelines to break up that boyish physique and look classy and curvy in your wedding gown!