Top 10 Cheap Unique Engagement Party Ideas
Being engaged is one of the most exciting times in a couple’s life. To celebrate, many decide to host an engagement party for their friends and family members. If you are on a budget, like most couples are, and you wish to throw an unforgettable party, consider our 10 cheap unique engagement party ideas:
1. Western Theme. One of the most fun and festive ideas for engagement parties is a country western theme. You can invite your guests to wear cowboy boots, hats, and serve up some Tex-Mex comfort foods like habanero Mac and cheese, barbecue ribs, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and grilled shrimp; which is not only delicious but pretty cheap. You can burn country CD’s to play throughout the evening and even encourage your guests to bust a move doing some country line dances.
2. Carnival Party Theme. A carnival theme can also be cheap and unique, and couples can invite their guests to play and partake in many engagement party games and activities. You can create different stations in your yard that mimic the games you play at an actual carnival, rent a popcorn or cotton candy machine and set up a do it yourself photo booth using a digital camera. You can mail each guest their photograph from your booth with your thank you card.
3. Go Vintage. You may also wish to host a vintage themed engagement party. There are many relatively cheap engagement party supplies you can purchase at antique shops and flea markets, or even borrow from your elderly relatives. You can arrange tables full of milk glass, lace table cloths, and even antiquated beverage containers and decanters. You can utilize vintage cloth napkins and secure a sparkly antique brooch onto each to add some formal elegance to each place setting. You can also create a playlist and connect speakers to your iPod or iPad to project music from the 40’s and 50’s to set a vintage environment for your guests.
4. Aloha Party. If you are in need of fun and festive engagement party ideas, you may wish to consider hosting a Hawaiian luau! You can order a pig to roast for an affordable price and encourage your guests to each bring a covered dish to share with each other. You can make cupcakes instead of ordering an expensive boutique cake and embellish them with tropical decor. Balloons and leis strings will certainly add to the appropriate tropical flair to your party. Check out wholesale party suppliers as they often sell cheap decorative items and tableware in bulk, so you are sure to save a bundle on your tropical themed party supplied.
5. Movie Lovers Party. If you and your beau enjoy good old cinematography, then you should definitely throw a movie style party. Decorate your living room with silver screen décor and put up several movie posters on the walls. Play your favorite couple’s flick and have guests sign movie posters with their good wishes afterwards. Serve delectable finger foods and set up a popcorn maker to complete the theme. Alternatively, you can place a simple fondue station at a coffee table so guests have something to munch on while watching the movie. It is unique as far as engagement party ideas go, includes guest interaction, and definitely allows you to save some money vs serving a lavish dinner party instead!
6. Winter Wonderland. Getting engaged during the winter holidays? You can have a festive, winter wonderland party. You can incorporate the holiday decorations you already have around your home, and can even set up an ornament decorating table for your friends and family members to create their own favor to take home and hang on their tree! You can also play your favorite holiday CD’s or playlists and utilize dozens of candles around the party scene, which are super cheap.
7.Spring Garden Party. There’s a bounty of spring engagement party ideas! With flowers blooming, you can invite your guests to celebrate your upcoming marriage by hosting a garden party. You can serve meals which include fresh fruits and vegetables from your garden or local farmers market. This will save you and your partner a large amount of money! You can also bag or pot herbs from your herb garden to give away as favors. Plus, you can set up tables, centered around your garden and hang lanterns from tree branches to provide light and create an ambiance once the sun begins to set.
8. Halloween Theme Engagement party. No matter if you are getting engaged in the fall or any other time of the year, there’s always some room for Halloween, especially if you are one of those couples who love the holiday. Create a spook-tacular event by inviting your friends to join wearing their favorite costumes of witches, pirates, vampires and werewolves. Chances are, you already have all the Halloween party décor stowed away in your attic, so it’s time to spread the cobweb, set up all the spooky décor to create the most boo-tiful party scene. So put on your costumes, set up frozen margarita maker machine and sink your fangs in the vampire worthy Halloween treats.
9. Pumpkin Patch Theme. If you wish to hold an engagement party during the season of fall, you should consider having it at your local farm. You can utilize a pavilion or barn to dine, and can stroll through the pumpkin patch or apple orchard to harvest the seasonal goodies. You can even prepay for each guest to bring home their own pumpkin or bushel of apples or apple cider as a favor. You also don’t need many expensive decoration ideas since the farm’s bales of hay, ripe pumpkins, jewel toned leaves, and bright red apples will be festive enough!
10. Wine Tasting Party. One of the most sophisticated and classy engagement party ideas is hosting an afternoon wine tasting engagement party at your local winery. Reawaken your senses by trying some of the best local wines that could be later served at your wedding. You can save money by serving tapas or appetizers instead of a full course meal. You may even wish to take advantage of a case discount so you can give your guests a bottle of the wine they most enjoyed as their favor.
Once you chose your party theme, be sure to also consider your engagement invitation wording to set the tone for your special event. These top 10 engagement party ideas are not only affordable but unique!