Top 10 Vintage Hair Accessories For Weddings You Must Consider!
A vintage themed wedding means vintage hair accessories! There are large selections of antique accessories that will complement your hair do and gown on your big day. Veils, clips, tiaras, and even hats can all be worn as vintage wedding hair accessories to get you that antiquated but classy look you desire.
1. Try a wedding birdcage veil. This headpiece captures the true essence of the vintage era and is adorned in flowers, feathers, or both. The veil itself falls gently below the eyes, nose, or mouth depending on the veil’s length.
2. If you desire popular headpieces for weddings, try a headband veil. The band is worn like a traditional headband and attaches to a short or long veil. This was popular with brides of the past.
3. A vintage veil is always classy and traditional. Usually adorned with lace, the veil is also featured with an embroidered scallop edge in long staggered layers.
4. Hats make the ultimate vintage hair accessories. Worn tight on the head and on a tilt, these little rounded hats boast a layer of netting that falls over the eyes or feathers, flowers, or even fur embellishments.
5. Hair combs have a vintage appeal to them. Popularly featured in designs like dragon flies, flowers, and swirls; the combs complement an up do and stay put for hours.
6. Oversized pearl bobby pins add a vintage touch to any wedding day hair style while holding the hair in place. They can also be adjusted and removed with ease.
7. Feather barrettes are popular vintage hair accessories with today’s brides. Clip in this textured accessory near the nape of your neck or behind your ear.
8. Multi-layered rhinestone headbands add a sparkly touch of elegance and replicate a vintage look.
9. Tiaras are always trendy with brides. If you desire a vintage look, opt for tiaras that are adorned with pearls of varying sizes and snippets of lace. Vintage brides had a cathedral length veil attached for formal ceremonies and receptions.
10. Brooches were popular in the past and have recently resurfaced not only in the fashion world, but in wedding party looks. Obtain a sparkly brooch from a relative, flea market, or antique store and have your hair stylist clip it into a wavy up do.
Vintage hair accessories create a timeless and elegant look on your wedding day.