If you want a pair of cute wedding shoes to wear on your wedding day, you are not alone! These cute shoes can end up costing a fortune and end up collecting dust in your closet for years to come! Put your creative juices to work by incorporating very affordable but very fun wedding shoes into you big day’s look that you can actually wear again. Read on to learn about 10 comfortable but cute wedding shoes ideas on the cheap!
1. Recycle a pair of ballet shoes! Maybe you have taken a few ballet dance classes as an adult, or you know other women who have. Wearing actual ballet flats under your gown will make your feet happy because they can be the most comfortable wedding shoes, and will look adorably chic!
2. If your dress is long, you will barely see your shoes, so why not just wear a pair of jeweled or dressy flats that you already own? This is beneficial to women who need wide width wedding shoes, as sometimes searching for these special shoes can be costly and challenging!
3. If you own a pair of colorful strappy heels, why not wear them underneath your gown? Flashing pops of color underneath your gown is a huge and hot trend. Yellow heels make wonderful yellow bridal shoes for spring and summer weddings; while midnight blue is great for fall and winter weddings!
4. If you are getting married on the beach, your favorite pair of flip flips can serve as your cute wedding shoes. Or, save dozens of dollars and go sans shoes if you also desire!
5. Paint on some polka dots! If you have a playful personality and a pair of solid colored flats you are willing to sacrifice, simply paint on small polka dots throughout the flat with white fabric paint!
6. Glue on some gems! You can give your current flats or heels a quick make over! Simply add some chunky, clear rhinestones obtained from a local craft store and hot glue them on the front feature of the shoe!
7. Add some studs. Nothing shows off your tough girl edge by hot gluing some gold or silver studded spikes on the ankle part of your heels. It will look just like the designer shoes for a fraction of the price!
8. Take a basic pair of white or cream colored flats and hot glue a brooch on them to come up with really cute wedding shoes as a result! You can pick up a beautiful, sparkly brooch for a dollar or so at a flea market. It can also serve as your “Something old” piece!
9. For super casual weddings, wear a comfortable pair of loafers but swap out the laces for actual lace! Annie McKenzie did this in the movie, Father of the Bride!
10. Wear a pair of your mother’s or grandmother’s special event shoes. It can be your “Something borrowed” and they will cost you nothing!
If you want cute wedding shoes there are many easy and even meaningful things you can do to get this look for a very affordable (or free) price!