Wedding photography contracts can have seemingly hidden fees if you do not go over the contract carefully with your photographer. Some couples do not realize that the amount paid is for the ceremony only and if they want the reception pictures they must pay additional fees. Artistic wedding photographers have special needs for special poses that are not included in the price for proofs and pictures. Request a sample wedding photography contract from all of the photographers you are considering, and see which contract suits your budget and wedding requirements. Wedding photography contracts differ from photographer to photographer and from region to region. Whether you are getting married in California and are looking at Napa Valley Wedding photography, or you are marrying abroad and looking for a Sussex wedding photographer, for example, thoroughly reading the wedding photography contracts will save you time, hassle and money. Here are 5 secrets to how to save on wedding photography contracts:
1. Choose a basic package: Many people will be taking pictures at your wedding. You will have many shots from many different angles of the entire event. You can even include disposable cameras on each table at your reception for everyone to participate in the photography. Save the professional shots for the ceremony and photos taken after, and you will save a lot of money on your photography contract.
2. Although it will feel time consuming, contact several photographers and ask for their rates and specials. There are so many different prices and packages for wedding photography that with the right research, you can find a great package for a price within your budget.
3. Negotiate the price. Compare different packages and see what you can swap around so that you receive pictures of the moments you would like for the price you want.
4. Decide what options you want before talking with the photographer. Some prices seem very reasonable, but they only cover time or time and proofs. Albums and prints can be an additional cost, so know what you are looking for with the money you have to spend.
5. Network with friends and family and find a friend, or friend of a friend, who will be willing to donate part of the services for your wedding gift.