Casual Beach Flower Girl Dresses Ideas – Do’s And Don’ts
A beach wedding means making sure that your bridal party are not only dressed to beat the heat, but also relatively casually since the wedding itself is anything but traditional. Read on to learn about the do’s and don’ts when it comes to choosing beach flower girl dresses for little ladies to wear for your ceremony and reception sea side.
1. Do choose ivory flower girl dresses. They are easy and breezy to wear for a beach ceremony. Be sure to select a short or tea length hemline so the dress does not drag in the sand.
2. Do select a light toned dress with cut out designs in the hemline or around a scoop neckline to show off a unique embellishment on a casual dress.
3. Opt to select beach flower girl dresses that mimic the bride’s casual and flowing gown. You can even incorporate an oversized floral barrette into loosely curled flower girl hairstyles.
4. Consider purchasing discount flower girl dresses that boast a black and white polka dot design. This playful print is age appropriate for your little helper, while a black and white color scheme is elegant and sophisticated yet casual enough for the location.
5. Have your flower girl wear beach flower girl dresses in a pale yellow tone and that have lace three quarter sleeves. They will look as bright as the sun and are perfect for a vintage themed wedding.
1. Avoid red flower girl dresses. The tone clashes with a tropical environment. Opt for bright and light shades that will shimmer in the sun.
2. Say no to heavily lined gowns. Your little helper will get overheated in the hot sun.
3. Choosing a black flower girl dress, even a very casual and light weight one, should also be avoided, as the dark tone will attract the suns’ rays and will not enhance a tropical environment.
4. Don’t spend over $100 on a casual flower girl dress. She will most likely wear it a few times and will outgrow it quickly. There are many wedding websites that boast beautiful dresses for a fraction of the price.
5. Say no to long sleeves. They will make the dress look out of place on the beach and will be too warm for a sea side wedding.
If you are in need of ideas for beach flower girl dresses, consider some of the do’s and don’ts above to help your little lady look her best as she serves in your beach “I do!” ceremony.