Plus size bridal gowns can sometimes cost more than your average bridal gown because of more material being used to make it, but if you are resourceful and know where to shop online, you can actually save money on these pretty pieces. Read on to learn about 10 of the best budget ideas when it comes to cheap yet chic wedding dresses for body types which have special needs and considerations:
1. Shop on EBay. EBay gives you the freedom to bid what you want or can afford on select designs. You can save hundreds of dollars, especially if the gown you are considering has a purchase button, which is already preset to a price that the seller wishes to get for the gown. Various sellers have Ebay stores set up with extensive selections of bridal styles for brides of all shapes and sizes. If you are purchasing a designer item, consider going to a physical store first to look at your preferred style in real life and try it on, and do pay attention to the level of craftsmanship that you will be later comparing to your safe EBay purchase.
2. Get a dress custom made on Etsy. Etsy features dress designs that mimic the hottest fashion trends and can be designed in many wedding dress shapes to help you get the best fit for your body. This reputable online retailer also conveniently offers a large selection of cheap bridal shoes, which would perfectly fit your budget.
3. Shop plus size online sites for cheap yet stylish ideas. Curvy Girl Bridal has everything you need for your big day, from gowns to wide width wedding shoes in a number of styles and colors for affordable prices. Colorful shoes are the latest hot trend in bridal fashions and can work to your advantage to visually create a slimmer silhouette. For example, if you have a pear-shaped body, choosing a heavier heel in a bright color will draw attention away from your wider hips towards your ankles.
4. Browse on a shopping website like Shop Style that allows you to compare types of plus size bridal gowns and their brand and price. You can type Greek wedding dresses in the search engine and browse through the hundred that pop up to purchase.
5. Consider shopping the clearance section of well renowned bridal retailers like David’s Bridal and Alfred Angelo. You can purchase plus size bridal gowns for around one hundred dollars, but you must take it as is. You can always take it to a seamstress to get stylish sleeves or other embellishments sewn on later.
6. If you are having a casual or non-traditional bridal ceremony and reception, consider shopping your favorite plus size website, like Lane Bryant; to select and purchase a fancy cocktail dress to serve as your non-traditional gown. It is much more affordable than shopping a wedding website and can be worn again to future formal events.
7. Shop for cheap plus size wedding gowns featured in shorter hemlines. Knee length and tea length gowns generally cost less since not as much material is used to create the dress, and they are great for destination weddings! You may notice a similar cost structure with your bridesmaid dresses.
8. Check out websites that boast reselling and recycling gowns. The Recycled Bride has hundreds of gowns to choose from for a significantly lower price. You can shop cheap gowns with and without sleeves and gowns that boast many embellishments on straps and the gown itself. By saving a hefty amount on the gown, you will now be able to afford statement jewelry or headpieces that are a very trendy this season.
9. Consider browsing online sites of thrift and vintage shops to look for your plus size dream dress. Stores like The Second Time Around based in New York City have websites that show images of their latest pieces and lists their suggested prices.
10. Shop department store websites on special sale days, like Black Friday to obtain cheap plus size wedding gowns for nearly 70% off.
If you are searching for cheap plus size bridal gowns online, consider some of these essential shopping tips and ideas to get your hands on your dream dress for less!