One shoulder designs are hotter than hot. Knee length bridesmaid dresses make you look hotter than hot. Put them together and you have one sizzling dress for your bridesmaids to wear. This trendy and fashion forward design can go wrong quickly if worn in the incorrect way. Read on to learn the do’s and don’ts of these strappy, knee length bridesmaid dresses so you can avoid some common fashion sins!
1. Do select a wearable and figure flattering material. Taffeta bridesmaid dresses will complement curves and sit nicely around the knee. Many other fabrics tend to show every lump and bump.
2. Select Grecian bridesmaid dresses. They are most popularly featured in a one shoulder design. Plus, draping looks sweet and chic when it falls to knee length hemlines.
3. Consider incorporating a print or pattern into your knee length design. Polka dot bridesmaid dresses are an appropriate print to incorporate into your one shoulder design and will complement a vintage themed wedding.
4. One shoulder Knee length bridesmaid dresses are most popularly worn during spring and summer months. Select a color that will reflect the sights of the seasons. Yellow bridesmaid dresses look ultra-stylish when worn in one strap style and with a shorter hemline to help your bridesmaids keep cool during warm temperatures.
5. Keep your embellishments simple. You want to put the main emphasis on the hemline and strap of the one shoulder dress, not overdo it with design element extras.
2. Don’t select a busy pattern that will take away from the short hemline or strappy style element of the dress.
3. If you have plus sized bridesmaids consider a longer hemline or a gown with sleeves to ensure they look and feel their best as they stand by your side.
4. Don’t select a casual fabric like jersey cotton if you still plan to have a formal ceremony and reception but wish to boast shorter hemlines, as they will look too casual.
5. If your bridesmaids have amazing legs, have them wear heels. Many brides ask their girls to wear flats with a shorter hemline, and do not do their leggy limbs justice!
Follow these do’s and don’ts so your bridesmaids do not commit fashion sins on your wedding day wearing their one shoulder, knee length bridesmaid dresses.