After your wedding and before your reception, you will have a camera snapping thousands of pictures of you! The last thing you will be thinking of is your hungry guests as they eagerly await your arrival. The easiest way to entertain your friends and family is with a cocktail reception before dinner. Your caterer should be able to provide you with a wedding appetizer menu and they will have many of the top choices of finger foods for wedding reception guests.
Here is a list of the top 10 appetizers for wedding reception:
1. Shrimp: You can offer shrimp on ice with cocktail sauce, beer battered shrimp, shrimp spring rolls and more. Shrimp is a very popular main ingredient in appetizers for wedding reception platters.
2. If you are having a brunch wedding reception, consider mini-quiches. They blend with both the breakfast and lunch theme.
3. Appetizers for wedding reception guests wouldn’t seem complete without cocktail sandwiches! You will have a variety of sandwich recipes to choose from. The mini-sandwiches make for a filling and many times inexpensive snack to offer your guests.
4. Vegetarians need love to! You can go beyond a veggie tray with your appetizers for wedding reception veggie lovers. Antipasto platters are a nice change up from a traditional veggie platter.
5. Warm goat cheese stuffed dates are a favorite of those who love cheese, those with a sweet tooth and your vegetarian friends.
6. Sushi is always a nice addition to your wedding appetizer list. Sushi can also satisfy any guests who keep kosher (specify with your caterer that the sushi must be prepared with a kosher knife).
7. Sweets for your sweet guests – consider candy bars at wedding receptions! You can even have custom made wrappers with your names and wedding date on them.
8. Mini-pizzas are a hit for children invited to the wedding. Adults love pizza too!
9. Bruschetta is a favorite as a wedding reception appetizer. Not only is it easy to make and cost-effective, it lends a classy touch to your appetizer selection.
10. Assorted cheeses and crackers are a standard appetizer to offer your guest.