Top 10 Bizarre Alternative Wedding Songs You Won’t Believe!
Your wedding is your special day, so if Wagner’s “Bridal Chorus” is not amongst your wedding recessional songs, then so be it. Alternative wedding songs are your choice and the day will be very special because you chose memorable music. Whether you are looking for walking down the aisle songs, first dance songs, bagpipe wedding music or father-daughter wedding songs, alternative wedding songs are available for each category. Here is a list of the Top 10 Bizarre alternative wedding songs you won’t believe!
1. “Car Wash.” Yep, Car Wash. One couple chose to have every member of its party walk down the aisle to a different song, and ended with everyone choreograph dancing to Car Wash. This is definitely considered one of the alternative wedding songs!
2. Michael Jackson’s “Thriller”. Believe it or not, there have been couples that chose to have their bridal party dress like Thriller zombies as the bride walks toward her groom.
3. Want to get the crowd ready to dance when the bridal party is introduced? Rock the house with Billy Idol’s “White Wedding.”
4. Do you believe it is possible that Metallica can be used at the wedding? For Metallica fans, “Nothing Else Matters” is a perfect first dance tune.
5. Introduce your bridal party with “Time Warp” from “Rocky Horror Picture Show.”
6. Walking down the aisle to 2001: A Space Odyssey’s theme song will certainly surprise your guests.
7. Alternative wedding songs are personified by Motley Crue. For true Crue fans, it wouldn’t be their wedding day without “Dr. Feelgood.”
8. You can choose to dance your first dance to a medley of alternative wedding songs. The first song can represent your new union, such as “Wonderful Tonight,” and then have the DJ break into a dance song like “U Can’t Touch This” so that your guests can join in the fun!
9. Christina Aguilera’s “Ain’t No Other Man” is a fun and very upbeat song to dance together to for your first dance as husband and wife.
10. Don’t forget Disney theme! The Little Mermaid’s “Kiss the Girl” is a great song to play before the bride and groom kiss.