When planning a wedding, there are many different themes to choose from. One theme that is becoming more and more popular are vintage weddings. There are many simple and easy DIY vintage wedding decorations that will work well with any vintage wedding. Below is a list of the top 10 DIY vintage wedding decorations:
1. Stage engagement photos from iconic movie scenes such as Casablanca or Gone with the Wind. These can be placed around the reception hall.
2. Pin vintage brooches onto the place cards. These make nice little gifts for the guests to take home.
3. Place small decorated hatboxes on each table as a centerpiece.
4. Lace screams vintage so place lovely little lace accents throughout the space. Some of this lace may also be used for many wedding pew decoration ideas.
5. Go to antique stores and small curiosity shops for vintage items that can be used as centerpieces such as milk glass or vintage soda bottles.
6. Use mason style jars and embellish with decorative paper and ribbons, or if you are ambitious make candles in them to place strategically around the room.
7. Discuss your vintage wedding decoration ideas with your cake decorator, they can then make you a beautiful vintage style wedding cake that will be the center of attention in the reception hall.
8. Use twine as napkin rings. This is inexpensive and easy to do.
9. Find antique plates and glasses to use for the reception. They don’t even have to match, it will add a little something special to the reception.
10. Instead of chair covers, use old chairs that may even appear a little rough. This will fit in beautifully with your theme.
No matter which of these DIY vintage wedding decorations you choose, any of them are sure to make your wedding beautiful and special. Many of these will work wonderful with barn wedding decorations to give it a little extra something special. If you are looking for backyard wedding reception ideas as well as winter wonderland wedding decorations, you can add these to any of your ideas which will enhance your special day.