Engagement parties need engagement party games and activities! You will be gathering several times before the wedding with different events planned by friends and family of the bride and groom-to-be, so make the engagement party a time to remember. Depending on your engagement invitation wording, your guests can show up with game supplies, or dressed in costumes – whatever you want to make the party a great success!
1. First, consider the many different engagement party themes. If you have a theme for the event, your engagement party games and activities can be centered on your theme.
2. Shop at party stores for engagement party supplies. You can find many engagement party games and activities at any party supply store.
3. Create a trivia game about the betrothed and decide on teams based upon the bride and grooms friends. You can ask the bride-to-be’s friends questions about her, and the groom-to-be’s friends questions about him, and see who knows their friends better!
4. Plan a day trip. Perhaps you all go to a winery, or to a sporting event if the couple supports a team. An engagement party can be more than gifts and appetizers. It can be an outing as well.
5. Other engagement party games and activities include hiring a psychic or tarot card reader. Let each guest know their fortune and future, including the lucky couple!
6. Ask each guest to write down wedding vow ideas anonymously and place them in a box. The bride and groom can read them aloud before the end of the party. See how many are touching and how many make you laugh!
7. Have door prizes for the person in the room who has been married the longest, someone who has been married the least and someone who will be married shortly after the couple you are celebrating.
8. Place a book with blank pages on a table for people to add words of wisdom for the happy couple. They will treasure the book for years to come.
9. Rent a photo booth for the engagement party.
10. Ask the guests to share a memory about the bride-to-be or groom, or of them as a couple.