Unique bridesmaid dresses are on many brides’ wish lists. Today, more than ever; brides to be are in search of different bridesmaid dresses that give the wedding party a unique look or that can be incorporated into a wedding theme. Whether you are tying the knot in a church, on the beach, or in a barn, read on to learn about the top 10 unique bridesmaid dresses that you may want to utilize for your upcoming wedding.
1. Convertible bridesmaid dresses are on the up and coming trend train. Some retailers offer a visual on their websites that demonstrate how the dresses can be wrapped, tied, and worn. Their claim to fame is that they can be worn over and over again, and results in looking like a completely different dress.
2. Some other unique and beautiful bridesmaid dresses are vintage dresses. Many top retailers are featuring vintage bridesmaid dresses in antiquated colors and adorned in vintage embellishments, but some bridesmaids are opting to have their girls wear dresses picked by hand from flea markets and vintage dress shops.
3. Printed bridesmaid dresses are a huge hit with brides-especially in Hollywood. Bride, Molly Simms is to be commended on her bold and beautiful printed bridesmaid dresses that she mixed and matched various printed dresses with stylish two tone bridesmaid dresses in the same color scheme.
4. Mixing and matching styles and silhouettes is another way to have unique bridesmaid dresses incorporated into your wedding. You pick the color (or colors) you want your girls to sport, and they get to choose a dress, long or short; that best fits their body’s needs.
5. Dresses that have individual accents are another way to make your bridesmaid dresses look different. Adorning a dress with a sparkly or sentimental brooch, flower applique, or bow shows off your bridesmaids’ personalities and your creative idea.
6. If getting married on the beach or on a boat, some brides are opting for a nautical themed wedding, which results in nautical bridesmaid dresses. Usually short in style, opt for a silky navy blue color so it resembles the sea and allow your girls to carry stark white flowers like hydrangeas, to complete the theme. If the beach wedding is more casual, many of your favorite shopping destinations sell blue and white striped maxi dresses, which would also look nautical and adorable.
7. Many couples are hosting their reception on their ranch or farm, resulting in paisley printed or short eye lit cotton dresses paired with cowboy boots. Dresses in colors like sand, beige, coral, and sunflower make great colors for the unique bridesmaid dresses.
8. Garden ceremonies and receptions are growing in popularity with today’s brides. Retailers like David’s Bridal and Alfred Angelo sell gorgeous gowns of varying hem lines that boast bold floral prints-perfect to wear down a garden aisle.
9. Spooky brides and grooms who love Halloween love dressing their wedding party even more! The little black dress can be worn and purchased in a staggered hemline to create a bewitching look. When paired with some gothic accessories and an orange bouquet, you can achieve a beautifully frightening look!
10. Some brides to be love the good old 50’s era of the pin up girl. Super sexy and playful, the bridesmaid dresses can be worn in a halter style bodice with a layer of tulle added to the full skirt giving it a 50’s look. When paired with a large flower barrette, you will create a truly original vintage look.
If you consider yourself anything but traditional, opt to have your bridal party wear some truly unique bridesmaid dresses.