Have you always dreamed of a vintage wedding? The romance of days gone by, simpler times and beautiful wedding dresses. Well, not only are vintage weddings cost effective they are also very trendy this year! Here is a list of ten vintage wedding decoration ideas:
1. Select rustic wedding décor. Rustic décor not only has a vintage look, but you can create decorative pieces yourself. Diy wedding decorations are easy on the budget and unique to your wedding.
2. Fall wedding decorations can also have a vintage look. Dried flowers and berries, cornucopias, dried leaves or branches – all of these items have a “olden time” look and feel to them and can complete your vintage décor.
3. Other vintage wedding decoration ideas include birdcages and lanterns. Strung from trees or placed on tables, the lanterns and cages will provide vintage accessories and beautiful touches.
4. Church wedding decoration ideas may include pew bows – large bows made of silk, lace, silk flowers or tulle. The pew bows can be made to accommodate both your wedding colors and your vintage look.
5. Searching for vintage wedding decoration ideas is easy and affordable when you go antique shopping! Knick-knacks in antique shops make great table décor.
6. Ask your photographer to set up a vintage background and have pictures taken of your guests with a vintage setting behind them.
7. Use an old-fashioned typewriter to write out place cards. You can also tea-stain the cards to yellow them before typing or handwriting your guests name on each card.
8. Other vintage wedding decoration ideas include using peacock feathers, old books, mismatched place setting or mismatched chairs at each table.
9. Instead of renting a limo for your ride from the church to the reception, find an antique car for you and your new spouse. Showing up in vintage style to a vintage wedding will add to the ambience.
10. Have your engagement photos shot in a vintage style. You can purchase mason jars and place your photo into several jars. The jars can then be used as centerpieces, or as gifts for your guests to take home.